Planning for your wedding day is probably one of the most exciting times in your life. It can also be one of the most expensive events you’ll plan. These 10 Money Saving Tips for Your Wedding will help you save money.
You can get swept away for hours, dreaming about your wedding day!
With so many beautiful photos of dresses, flowers and centerpieces on the internet and in magazines, it’s no wonder that brides get swept away just looking at everything and dreaming about their own wedding day.
Having so much to plan and think about can be a bit overwhelming for many couples, especially the thought about how much everything is going to cost.
7 Things to Do First When Planning Your Dream Wedding
If you missed part 1 of my 4 part blog series Wedding Planning 101. Check out 7 Things to Do First When Planning Your Dream Wedding.
Keeping well-meaning family and friends at bay during this time who may bombard you with a lot of unsolicited advice about everything from the colors you should pick to what you should spend your budget on will take some tactful grace on your part, not to hurt feelings.
The budget can be a trigger for stress! These 10 Money Saving Tips for Your Wedding can help..
What is it about weddings that makes some family and friends within a 15 mile radius of a newly engaged couple suddenly become an expert wedding planner? Maybe because they secretly wish they were a Planner!
Whatever the case may be, as a professional wedding planner who has over 15 years experience, my advice to you is if you can afford a Planner hire one, it’ll make your life easier but if you can’t join The Wedding Lounge free Facebook group and I’ll give you pro-advice to help you.
The best start to planning your wedding is to start your planning by creating a budget. To help you manage that budget, here are 10 Money Saving Tips for Your Wedding:
- Find a venue that allows you to bring in your own vendors.
- Go digital! Send save the dates and invites electronically.
- Get married in the off season, September – November and April – June are usually peak seasons in most states.
- Keep it all in the same space. Have your ceremony and reception in the same location or venue.
- Don’t marry on Saturday! Saturday is the most expensive and most popular wedding day. Booking a Wednesday – Friday or Sunday wedding can save you money.
- You don’t have to have a wedding cake. You can sub with a faux cake for pictures or go with a dessert table but be careful, all those little treats can add up quickly.
- Serve a signature drink for cocktail hour and don’t serve any alcohol during dinner. Opening the bar after dinner can save you a lot of money.
- Skip the menu cards and go with large signage, strategically placed that highlights the menu.
- Opt for a few focal centerpieces on key tables and use candle groupings on all other tables.
- Have a friend DJ and put together a great playlist.